April 10, 2017
EPIcenter Job Opening
Title: Executive Assistant in Governance
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
EPIcenter is the hub of the Greater Memphis entrepreneurship movement. With its network of partners, EPIcenter is the enabler of unified strategies to increase support to new and existing entrepreneurs for business growth. Serving as the broader voice of the partner network and a single point of accountability, EPIcenter measures and celebrates the impact of entrepreneurial support to create a just, inclusive, and growing economy that accrues to all Memphians.
Responsible for enhancing the executive’s effectiveness by providing information management support, representing the executive to customers, providing regular administrative assistance, and preparing board and fundraising packages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(These duties and responsibilities are judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA)
- Maintains executive’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel; at times schedules meetings and travel for other staff members
- Conserves executive’s time by: reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications where appropriate
- Represents executive in meetings where executive is absent
- Ongoing research and data collection about economic development, entrepreneurship, and related trends
- Continuing understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Memphis to inform how executive’s time is prioritized and distributed
- Prepares board and fundraising packages and materials
Education: Undergraduate degree
Experience: This position requires a minimum of two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Experience or familiarity with nonprofit governance and fundraising documents as well as comfort dealing with board of directors, funders and government officials.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail, with the ability to adhere to brand standards while producing documents for external purposes.
- Ability to think critically, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects at one time, with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in the Google Suite, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Must also be proficient in PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. InDesign, Adobe, or related programs a bonus.
- Capacity to utilize applications like Trello as needed to perform the functions of the job and integrate with the team.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, often evolving environment.
- Motivation to work independently, take on new projects, streamline processes, and make suggestions on maximizing efficiency for the executive.
- High level of professional deportment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with graphic design or design thinking a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to touch, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and small numbers. The job requires occasional travel throughout the Delta region.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
EPIcenter is an equal opportunity employer. In an effort to further actualize our organizational value of equity, people of color, LGBTQ individuals and differently-abled people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
EPIcenter Director of Talent and Curriculum
Via mail: 902 S. Cooper St., Memphis, TN 38104