April 10, 2017
EPIcenter Job Opening
Title: Brand Liaison
Reports to: Chief Brand Officer
EPIcenter is the hub of the Greater Memphis entrepreneurship movement. With its network of partners, EPIcenter is the enabler of unified strategies to increase support to new and existing entrepreneurs for business growth. Serving as the broader voice of the partner network and a single point of accountability, EPIcenter measures and celebrates the impact of entrepreneurial support to create a just, inclusive, and growing economy that accrues to all Memphians.
Working closely with the Chief Brand Officer, supports all projects and continuing efforts to clarify and expand EPIcenter’s brand and public positioning. Main duties include providing communications and marketing support for the organization’s external affairs strategy, fundraising initiatives, and grant compliance reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(These duties and responsibilities are judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA)
- Assisting in the design and execution of an external affairs strategy to be utilized across all EPIcenter initiatives
- Management of EPIcenter’s social media profiles, website and blog
- Collection of EPIcenter customer stories and metrics for grant reporting
- Creation of EPIcenter collateral, including stories, photographs, blogs, videos, and other media
- Deeply understanding and communicating the visual identity of EPIcenter’s brand
- Acting as a facilitator between EPIcenter and various Memphis communities and partners to clarify EPIcenter’s mission and goals
- Logistical coordination and management of events as needed
- Support the continuation of the Made By Project
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
Experience: This position requires a minimum of three to five years of related experience
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with sometimes evolving projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to produce quality work in a relatively short amount of time.
- Ability to think critically, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects at one time, with a high sense of urgency.
- General knowledge of communications and marketing strategies and trends.
- Ability to work with broad range of government, philanthropic, health care, academic, business and community partners, from tech/growth industries to community-based economic development.
- Participation in EPIcenter and industry events in the form of speaking or representation.
- Genuine interest in entrepreneurship and economic development.
- High level of professional deportment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Graphic design, videography, photography, or other related skills greatly beneficial.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to touch, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and graphics. The job requires only occasional overnight travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
EPIcenter is an equal opportunity employer. In an effort to further actualize our organizational value of equity, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
EPIcenter Director of Talent and Curriculum
Via mail: 902 S. Cooper St., Memphis, TN 38104