Reports to: Director of Strategic Initiatives
EPIcenter is the hub of the Greater Memphis entrepreneurship movement. With its network of partners, EPIcenter is the enabler of unified strategies to increase support to new and existing entrepreneurs for business growth. Serving as the broader voice of the partner network and a single point of accountability, EPIcenter measures and celebrates the impact of entrepreneurial support to create a just, inclusive, and growing economy that accrues to all Memphians.
Responsible for coordination of all capital-related activities for EPIcenter, including identification of capital providers, structuring of capital packages for companies and assisting companies in preparation for capital requests.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
These duties and responsibilities are judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA
- Mapping the existing capital environment in Memphis and immediate surrounding area
- Working with capital providers to attract financing to startups and existing small businesses
- Working with EPIcenter partners to identify capital needs of client companies
- Constructing capital stack packages as appropriate for client companies, including equity investment, loans and small capital grants
- Identifying potential new capital partners
- Working with partners to prepare client companies for capital requests
- Developing entrepreneurial workshops and training programs related to capital and finance
- Establishing and tracking metrics related to capital requests and awards
- Researching and understanding new trends in capital financing
- Developing understanding of lending practices for range of loans including micro-loans up to approximately $1 million
- Strong understanding of equity investment in growth and community-based businesses
- Some understanding of (or willingness to learn) structure of growth and community-based businesses
This position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
This position requires a three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with broad range of partners in both growth / tech related field and community-based economic development.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Participation in EPIcenter and industry events that warrant staff help in the form of speaking or representation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google, Wikipedia, and LinkedIn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to touch, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and graphics. The job requires only occasional overnight travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
EPIcenter is an equal opportunity employer. In an effort to further actualize our organizational value of equity, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Office Manager at EPIcenter
Via mail: 902 S. Cooper St., Memphis, TN 38104