The EPIcenter Logistics Innovation Accelerator is an entrepreneurship program that was created to help startups bring innovative logistics products and technologies to market and is sponsored by FedEx. The accelerator is a 15-week intensive program for innovative startups investigating transportation- or logistics-oriented solutions within areas including:
- Cross-border E-Commerce solutions
- First- and last-mile delivery solutions
- Fleet efficiency
- Data-driven supply chain management, including predictive analytics
- Payment systems
- Location and contextual-based services
- Internet of Things
- Autonomous vehicles
- Smart packaging
The accelerator is operated by EPIcenter, a collaborative and community-wide strategic initiative that connects the Memphis region’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and coordinates resources from various organizations in the community, such as accelerators, incubators, mentors, investors, networking programs, and technical assistance programs for entrepreneurs.
The accelerator leader is tasked with leading one of our industry-focused accelerators. You will work with the Director of technology-based entrepreneurship to create and execute the strategic plan for the accelerator, including developing the curriculum and programming and the mentor network.
During the execution of the accelerator program, you will lead program management, ensuring that all activities progress as planned and deliver the value expected to our stakeholders, including corporate sponsors and startup teams.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the logistics accelerator programs in collaboration with our corporate sponsors
- Support strategy for the program as well as help build the list of program mentors
- Manage recruitment and selection of cohort
- Manage recruitment activities and work with other key team members to execute marketing and promotion activities
- Work directly with the client to support the review and assessment of startups
- Work with the broader Memphis ecosystem team to produce the end of program demo day and create buzz about the event in the community
- Manage execution of the Accelerator schedule, including: managing interface with core curriculum provider; organization of mentoring introductions and sessions; organization of logistics-specific content and resources to best help participants
- Work closely with startups to guide them through their startup path, helping to define, manage and measure their hypothesis testing
- Manage stakeholders (startups, cooperates, media partners, mentors, general public) and provide one-on-one support where needed
- Prior Logistics experience
- Prior experience with technology accelerator programs
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple expectations of team members and stakeholders
- Strong program management experience – you always ensure that deadlines are met and processes, operations and logistics run smoothly
- Experience with event coordination and planning, administration and logistics; Marketing and Social Media as well as community management
You must embrace and exhibit our core values:
- We take the high road.
- We honor our partners.
- We share openly.
- We celebrate success.
- We rock our swagger.
- We recognize failure as a part of the process. We invite everyone.
- We do hard things.
- We bring the fun. We connect the dots. We provide tough love.
We’d love it if you have…
- A passion for tech and in-depth knowledge of the startup landscape
- A point of view on how corporates can best leverage the tech ecosystem
- Knowledge of the challenges facing big companies trying to innovate